11. huhtikuuta 2011

too much cute

Everyone's been asking how am I and how is my life after what happened to Nadja.
Now to tell you, first of all I'm perfectly fine. Just like I wrote in my previous blog entry, I actually calmed down when I saw her to fall asleep for the very last time. Sure the last week was probably the most awful one that I've ever had in my entire life and I cried really a lot. And I cried when I got home.. but that was it. Her behavior took my energy more than I actually wanted to admit and there are so many habits I learned to do just to keep our daily life safe from her. When have I last heard a doorbell without a dog's wild bark? When's the last time I've kept my whole pack outside without leashes during the daytime? When's the last time I've seen dogs to share treats from the same bowl without fights? Bloody hell, I don't know.

One dog breeder from abroad contacted Riikka after reading my long blog entry about Nadja and told that she knew Nadja's grandmother who acted the same way as Nadja and even killed a smaller dog from the same family. The dog that this breeder took back from this family had her head full of marks from other dog's attacks.. what to say more about this. Blood lines? I'm surprised that Ville is so sweet compared to what his sister ever was.

Anyhow, we have found an extremely nice person who is interested in Ville, which is good. Now we're waiting for hers and her husband's decision about him. She's from Lahti so if they're gonna take Ville, he wouldn't go so far and we would have higher possibilities to see him quite often still.
On Saturday me and Riikka brought Ville to the dog trainer (Koirakoulu Kiti), to where we actually had time reserved for Nadja before, and talked his past life situations through. They made a little mental test for him and it appears to be that Ville afterall is somewhat a hard dog. The trainer was upset about my decision to not keep him seeing how good relationship I have with the dog. They promised to write us a short summary about the whole meeting so we're waiting for that, I'll probably post it on my blog when we get it (in Finnish only though).

Yesterday I had quite a busy day. Early in the morning I went to see MH-character test with Johanna (almost-neighbour with 2 Smooths). We watched together Pete's (Clingstone's Got To Be) turn and I must say how positively surprised I got seeing how he was. Really impressive, too bad the only thing he reacted to were the gun shots.. Once Pete was done, Johanna's sable dog Walle (Timonan White Whistler) started his own turn. Walle's a really soft dog so it didn't go so well - his test got unfortunately cancelled. Since the owner cancelled the test, they have a chance to try again sometime but Johanna's pretty sure that one time was enough already. Walle got a reserved place for a normal mental test too, so we'll see.
Photos: http://korvakoirat.kuvat.fi/kuvat/MH+character+test/

After Walle's MH-test Johanna drove us back to Lahti and we went to her place. She got there just a week old Smooth Collie puppies along with their dam, Helmi (Timonan Tawny Taylor), and since the litter will be registered under Timonan kennel name as a Z-litter, I promised to take a few photos of the puppies for their actual breeder Tuula (lives in Pekola, close to Hämeenlinna). I can't express how damn cute the puppies actually were, but I guess I'll head weekly to take new photos of them so they'll bring back my puppy lust - I want one now! Good thing all the females should be reserved already so I can't even dream about them, males aren't my thing. One female puppy called Minni with a lot of white in her face and a brown spot in the middle of her white collar made my heart melt. I can't wait to see these cuties again!
Photos: http://korvakoirat.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Timonan+Z-litter%2C+1+week/

We went outside with Johanna and her dogs Walle and Paavo (Timonan Yamas Yannick, Veila's brother) and met their neighbour who owns Walle's sister Enni (Timonan Whitney Whopper). So we headed to the forest and I had the chance to take photos of all those three.
Photos: http://korvakoirat.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Enni%2C+Walle+and+Paavo/

Finally Johanna gave me a drive back home, but of course since I had started photographing, I couldn't stop. Riikka came over with all of her Collies: sable smooths Pate (Papaya Whip Van Shaka's Royal Kraal), Sampo (Dandinas Quite A Show), Viivi (Calibra's Dream Veawer) and a tricolor rough Kati (Faerie's Fortunate). We took posing photos of her dogs and I tried a bit of obedience aloen with Pate and Viivi. Pate felt really weird since I've only been doing show stuff with him and he's SO BIG compared to any other Collies that I've used to handle. Viivi stayed a week with me last summer just to train obedience so I was glad to see how she still remembered what I taught her last year.
Photos: http://korvakoirat.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Tiggerwoods+Collie-pack/

That's pretty much all about it. :) I've had four Collies again in my apartment for a week by now. My own girls, Ville and my friend's Rough Collie bitch called Tuike (Silimen Tähti Olen Minä). She'll stay with us till next Thursday because her owners are visiting abroad - don't remember where, but last time I got a message from them they were having 28ºC sunny weather! Hopefully they'll bring the same into Finland, I'm sick of all the remaining snow.

Helmi with her seven sable puppies.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti